Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day celebration

On the 3rd of July we celebrated Independence Day. Our ward always does a pancake breakfast and then has a bike parade. All the kids get to decorate their bikes and then ride them around the parking lot. The night before Mark helped the girls decorate their bikes and they were so excited.





After the bike parade I took the girls to main street to watch Safford's parade. I think it took longer to walk there then it did to watch the parade.

We had a little BBQ with just our family. We ate yummy grilled chicken, local grown corn and lots of tomatoes from our garden. I also made this flag cake that I saw on line. I didn't have the right things to make it so it didn't quite turn out as I planned, but you get the idea.



To end the night we drove down to the fairgrounds to watch the fireworks from our car. We had a great view, but unfortunately it took forever to get home with all the cars.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hey, I saw that same cake and thought it was pretty neat! Yours turned out great.

The girls look so cute on their bikes.