Friday, August 13, 2010

First day of Kindergarten


Hailey started kindergarten on August 11. She was so excited. Her teacher is young and new to Arizona, but she is enthusiastic. Hailey is the oldest in her class and is doing well. Tuesday the night before school started we got to meet Hailey's teacher Miss O'Brian. She asked if we could donate lysol wipes to the class. When we got home Hailey got our wipes put them in a baggie and wrote an H on the bag. She was so excited. I explained to her that I would buy a new container of wipes and she could bring them on Thursday. Hailey was a little nervous before we went to the school and met her teacher, but Wednesday morning she said to me, "Mom you don't have to walk me to class I can do it myself." She already doesn't need me :) We're lucky enough to live close to the school so we've been walking most mornings. It's been too hot in the afternoon (100-108), but when it cools off we'll walk to pick her up too.

2 comments:

Holly said...

We're sure excited for her...she'll love school!

Unknown said...

I hope Hailey gets really good at tetherball. Her future is bright.