Sunday, March 2, 2008

Grandpa Roy



On the Smith side of our family we put together a family calender each year. Well the other day Hailey looked up at our calender and asked if it was a picture Daddy. I told her "No, that's Grandpa Roy." and she said, "No I think that 's dad". To which I said, "Well I guess he kind of looks like dad, but that's daddy's Grandpa." I still don't think she believed me, but I thought that was kind of neat. Grandpa Roy's 98th birthday would be tomorrow, March 3rd.


(Just in case you are wondering what Mark is doing in the picture, he had just ripped a phone book in half...and no I'm not joking.)

2 comments:

Clifton Labrum said...

Wait a minute, I thought Mark ripped the phone book in half while wearing a speedo. I suppose you wouldn't have posted a picture if that were the case.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. They both do kinda have a long face. I always wondered where the oblong face came from. Shannon, Mark and I all have it. I knew it surely didn't come from my mom. In fact, I wonder how she got such a round face? Ah, the mysteries of genetics. Thanks for posting that. I also didn't know Grandpa Roy's birthday was March 3rd.