Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ultra Sound

I had another growth ultra sound today. I don't know why my Doctor wanted it, he just said he routinely has them after 30 weeks. I am 31 weeks and 1-2 days (depending on who's counting) Baby Spencer on the other had was measuring 34 weeks and 2 days. He is already about 5 1/2 pounds. The ultra sound tech was a little nervous both about the size of the baby and the amount of amniotic fluid. The amniotic fluid should be a total between 5-25 cm and in one quadrant alone there is over 8 cm and there other ones were around 6 each. It's close to polyhydramnios. The ultra sound tech's doctor made a recommendation to my dr. that I get a bi-weekly non-stress test and an ultra sound in 2 weeks and again in 4 weeks. We'll see what happens. He probably will just end up being a big healthy baby.




Spencer's feet and toes.

Oh and one more note. We asked the Ultra Sound Tech if Spencer had hair and she said he has a lot of fuzz. I'm hoping he's born with as much hair as the girls.

2 comments:

Holly said...

He looks perfect to me! I hope everything works out just fine. We're sure excited to have another boy cousin! Our boys are praying for baby Spencer because they are so excited for Hailey and Audrey to have a baby brother.

LucyH said...

Hi Mark and family!
I had a lot of amniotic fluid at the end of one of my pregnancies too and it evened itself out by 37 weeks. Hopefully you don't have to worry!