Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You look swoll...

One time in collage a good friend of ours looked at my legs and said "You look swoll" I kindly explained that my ankles weren't swollen -I have kankles. It doesn't matter how much weight I loose I will forever have kankles. Unfortunately I am now retaining lots of water and not only do I have kankles, but I have swollen kankles. (not to mention swollen feet and shins). I seriously look like I have either elephantiasis or I'm a 80 year old lady with right-sided heart failure. One word... GROSS! Mark thinks it's fun to press into my foot or ankle or leg and see how long the indention last. It's called pitting edema and it's disgusting.

Here's some proof. Don't mind the blinding white legs or the just ran through a bag of flour look. That's what 3 1/2 weeks of not going outside and not being able to bend over will do to you.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

poor thing..I am sorry. I was doing a little poll with my friends about swelling and they agreed that eating watermellon helps with swelling. I had never heard it before but it is worth a try