Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beignets

Since I got home from the hospital Hailey has been asking if we could make "menyas". At first I wasn't suppose to be up and cooking so I told her once I was off bed rest we would make them, but I didn't know what they were. She explained that you take bread and cut it into squares and then you sprinkle sugar on them. I thought they were some sort of french pastry, but I wasn't exactly sure. My brother-in-law Brandon went on a mission to Louisiana and he said people there ate a lot of Beignets (Benyas). So I asked Hailey where she learned about beignets and she said "The Princesses and the Frog" which takes place in New Orleans. Put 2 and 2 together and we find that Menyas are Beignets which are fried dough sprinkled with powder sugar. I had some puff pastry in the freezer so we pulled it out and made our version of beignets.

Here are the girls enjoying our cooking adventure.


No comments: